Finally after almost four and a half years with 0.9.x release we got to 1.0.0! This release includes a lot of bugfixes, new styles, updated language support, better shaped corners nd much more. Grab it here!
More info about the release here.
What is FluxBox
Fluxbox is a windowmanager for X.
It’s based on the Blackbox 0.61.1 code. Fluxbox looks like blackbox and handles styles, colors, window placement and similar thing exactly like blackbox (100% theme/style compability).
So what’s the difference between fluxbox and blackbox then?
The answer is: LOTS!
Here is a list of features that fluxbox already has, or is in the works…
- Configurable window tabs. |
- Iconbar (for minimized/iconified windows) |
- Wheel scroll changes workspace
- Configurable titlebar (placement of buttons, new buttons etc) |
- KDE support |
- New native integrated keygrabber (supports emacs like keychains)
- Maximize over slit option
- Partial GNOME support
- Extended Window Manager Hints support
- Slit dockap ordering
- Other minor features