Adsense for WordPress plugin latest Version: 2.1
(Most recent update February 10th, 2019. Original release August 5th, 2011)
License: GPL 3 / Free software
WordPress version required: 1.9 or later. Tested up to: 4.x
Please note google adsense policy does not allow adult, copyright infringing or sites that promote illegal activity. Do not put adsense ads on pages that contain such material, or your adsense account will soon be banned.
Adsense for WordPress is a Free and Open Source WordPress plugin which is able to automatically insert google adsense ads in to your posts on the fly, and you can optionally set the ad to display in random positions in your post to avoid ad blindness, which can significantly increase your CTR and therefore earnings. It doesn’t matter if you have 1 post or 100,000 posts, it will insert your ad code into all of them automatically. You can control all aspects of your ad’s display and position. Just specify ad color and position in the plugin options, your ad code is automatically generated and inserted. It also able to insert ads into your sidebar and header/footer.
- Automatically insert Google Adsense ads in to your blog posts, sidebar and header/footer.
- No manual work required, ad code is dynamically inserted into your existing and new posts.
- You could optionally specify not to show ads in a post by using tag <!–noadsense–>
- You could optionally specify where to start the ads in a post by using tag <!–adsensestart–>
- You could optionally specify where to stop the ads in a post by using tag <!–adsensestop–>
- Decrease ad blindness by giving you the option to randomly place your ad within your posts.
- You could optionally define absolute ad position instead of random position.
- You could optionally define random ad network to maximize earnings from both networks.
- Allow you to pick how many total ads to show on one page.
- Allow you to pick how many ads to show in one post.
- Plugin is fully compatible with the WordPress Multi-User(WPMU) mode
Adsense for WordPress has been tested on WordPress 5.* or above.
- Download the plugin zip file
- In your WordPress back end, go to Plugins -> Add new -> Upload
or use the more traditional method:
- Download and extract plugin files to your hard drive
- Upload the extracted folder adsense-for-wordpress into your wordpress installation’s wp-content/plugins folder
- Log in to WordPress Administration area, choose Plugins from the main menu, find Adsense for WordPress, and click the Activate button
- Choose Settings->WP Adsense from the main menu and enter your adsense id and/or channel id. Then specify your ad color and position.
Version 2.1, added auto update function to plugin, from this version onward the plugin will auto update in wordpress.
Version 1.10, updated user and roles checking to the latest wordpress standard
Version 1.09, fixed various compatibility issues.
Version 1.06, fixed mix up of post and page in options page.
Version 1.04, fixed debug info displaying, updated instruction on the tags, fixed English translation missing in several places.
Version 1.02, added adblock warning and other fixes.
2011-08-05 : Initial Release, Version 1.0
Questions and Discussions:
Please leave your email and comment under this thread, or use the contact form. I will reply to them asap.
Disclaimer: this plugin contains a donation option, which allow users to donate a small percentage of their earnings to the author of this plugin. When this option is enabled, the author’s adsense ads will occasionally appear on the plugin user’s website (determined by the percentage entered by the plugin user).